The International year of light in Sweden
The broad range of topics, as presented on light2015.org brings together a large number of actors from all over Sweden, with different backgrounds and topical focus. We have had a couple of joint meetings to increase mutual awareness, and share networks, ideas, activities and materials.
Planned activities can be found in the calendar.
We have also agreed to have monthly themes, as outlined below, to collect and produce materials for schools and for the general public.
Please feel free to contact us for more information about the International Year of Light in Sweden.
- January: Enlightening the environment
- February: Introduction to invisble light
- March: The light from the sun (including equinox and a solar ecplise on March 20)
- April: Light, health and life
- May: Radiation safety
- June: Summer ideas
- August: The night sky and astronomy
- September: Researcher’s night
- October: Light in art
- November: Light in public spaces
- December: Light festivals
(Please note that most of the material is in Swedish)